Accommodations and Transport
23 October 2023
How to get to the Miguel Hernández University of Elche
- Elche is in a truly privileged location, less than 20 km from Alicante. It is in a strategic position, forming, together with other nearby towns, the southern axis of the Mediterranean Arc, a district that boasts great dynamism in both demographic and economic terms.
Elche is in an area with good land, sea, and air connections. The Alicante-Elche Miguel Hernández Airport (ALC) is located nearby and it is also close to the provincial capital’s seaport. Road connections are also good, linking it to Mediterranean tollways and the freeway to Madrid, while its rail links include a station for Spain’s AVE bullet train.
Orihuela is located 30 km south of Elche. There are regular buses or trains to and from Elche and Alicante.
To move from the airport to your campus, the following options are available:
- By taxi: there are several taxi services operating at the Alicante-Elche Miguel Hernández Airport.
- By bus: to Alicante, Altea, and Elche from the Airport.
- By train:
- From the railway station in Alicante, Avenida de Salamanca s/n; Tel: +34 902 240 202, you can take a train to and from both Elche and Orihuela: renfe.es/commuter
- From the railway station in Elche, Avda. del Ferrocarril Este, 10, 03202 Elche; Tel: +34 965 45 62 54, you can take a train to and from both Orihuela and Alicante.
- By TRAM: To Altea from Alicante. TRAM
You can click on the links below to access more information about each accommodation program during your stay at the Miguel Hernández University of Elche (UMH). Se trata de *empresas o instituciones de alojamiento adheridas a ventajas comerciales a la comunidad universitaria.
*La secciones web “Alojamientos (hoteles) en la provincia de Alicante” y “Residencias de estudiantes” contienen hipervínculos de terceros de otras páginas web, que no son editadas, controladas, mantenidas o supervisadas por el Servicio de Relaciones Internacionales, Cooperación al Desarrollo y Voluntariado, no siendo responsable por tanto del contenido ni de sus posibles futuras modificaciones.
To book your accommodation in Elche before your arrival, Universitas Miguel Hernández recommends HousingAnywhere, the international housing platform for mobile talents. Through HousingAnywhere, you can safely book your new room, offered by verified private landlords and by outgoing students.
To receive a 30% discount on the booking fee, a VIP profile and priority access to the listings in Elche, sign up here: housinganywhere.com/Elche–Spain/umh/sign-up
NB. First you will have to pay the entire price and then email to have that amount back.
The largest online community for international students. Erasmusu offers information and content about cities, universities, destinations, forums to meet people, and accommodations to book through the platform.
Follow the following steps:
- Find student accommodations by clicking the “Verified only” option.
- If you need help, fill out this form
Erasmusu is the largest student community in Europe. You can book your verified accommodations via our secure system in Elche; worldwide, you will also be able to find information about different cities and universities, interesting destinations, plus forums for meeting people.
This is how it works:
- Have a look at our student rooms for rent by selecting “Only verified.”
- If you need assistance, write to and provide your dates, destination, and budget, or fill out the form if you want to be contacted.
- Book using this link with the promo-code, UMH30, and you will receive a 30% discount on the booking fees.
For incoming students who live in Elche, the TIU Erasmus card provides a discount on the Bono Bus Jove for 10 rides. For more information, you can visit the Bono Bus website. If you would like to visit another city, you can do it visiting the intercity Alicante buses website. For university tickets, click the links below.
What to do when you arrive at the UMH
Once students arrive at their respective campus, they should go to its Campus Management Centre (CEGECA) in order to formally enroll and to complete the Certificate of Arrival provided by their home university.
Students will have to show a copy of the authorized Learning Agreement (duly signed by both parties) in addition to their national identity card (for EU citizens) or passport (non-EU citizens) in order to be identified.
If students need help during their first days at the UMH, the student delegation of each faculty will provide them with the necessary assistance.